Sunday 1 November 2015

Cherry Ripe Slice

I have a long held weakness for Cherry Ripe chocolate bars and this is a slice that I really enjoy. I do not make this slice very often and usually when one of the supermarkets has glace cherries on sale, thus limiting both the production and consumption.  The recipe was one that made its way into my folder of recipes years ago and although I am not certain I think it was from a fund raising cookbook from the MS society. I have tweaked the recipe in the intervening years - lots more cherries and no copha.



Before I had a food processor I finely chopped all the cherries and added them into the slice mixture. I now use the food processor to crush the biscuits and add about half the cherries to the biscuits. 

Cherry Ripe Slice
Base
125 g butter
1 can of condensed milk
1 pkt Marie biscuits (250g)
300g glace cherries, finely chopped
3 1/2 cups dessicated coconut
Pink food colouring

Topping
1 large block dark chocolate(200g)
60 g butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Method
Melt butter,add condensed milk  and a few drops of pink food colouring. Mix / stir until well mixed.
Crush the biscuits into a fine crumb. (I use the food processor and also add half the cherries to the biscuits)
Mix the crushed biscuits into the butter and condensed milk, add the chopped cherries and coconut. Mix well.
Press into a greased and lined slice tin. Pour topping over the slice and refrigerate.
Cut into small squares .
To Make Topping
Melt chocolate and butter together, add vanilla and mix well.
I use a glass bowl and melt on medium heat in the microwave, use 1 minute intervals



No comments:

Post a Comment

//